Friday, March 20, 2020

18A – Create a Customer Avatar

My grocery store innovation would benefit all grocery shoppers. I believe the biggest benefit would go to mothers and fathers that are in a rush to get back to their family. Thus for my customer avatar, I have created middle aged parents, who have children that they need to get back to. They watch Seinfeld, the office, and are lovers of food network. They feel older than they are because of their hectic lives. Their children all play sports and they are constantly running around between work. They have no real days "off," not even the weekends. My mobile checkout idea would benefit them as they will be saving valuable time that they can now allocate elsewhere.




3 comments:

  1. Hello Shannon,

    I do believe this would greatly benefit parents, as they have kids and have to manage their time wisely. She sounds like a typical mother whom watches her kids play soccer and makes their lunch everyday for school. It is a typical parenthood. Great description of your avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,

    It seemed like with this assignment you really had a specific person in mind from your life; I guess that is an indication of a great prototypical customer description! I thought it was particularly interesting the market segment you had in mind, of a working mother/father trying to get food for their family quickly. As a young college student, I would love this sort of technology in grocery stores, but I can definitely see how this would appeal to the ideal customer you described. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon,
    This was a great discussion post and I learned a lot about you in this post. It was a very specific post which made me think that this was a very important and meaningful assignment for you. It was interesting how your segment was not kids our age, but rather a mom or dad trying to get food for their children. Overall, great post and I hope to read more of yours in the future!

    ReplyDelete