Thursday, March 12, 2020

16A -- What's Your Secret Sauce?

Curious - I naturally find myself always asking questions about why things happen. I think
this curiosity has led to my love of learning and always pushing myself in my classes.
Self-belief - I do not believe that there is a “right” path to get you to your goal. I believe that
as long as you are motivated you will be able to achieve what you desire. I may not be the
traditional entrepreneur, but I know that I will be able to sell my idea.
People Person - I am concerned about others and their emotions. I am good at sensing my
surroundings and guiding my conversations with others accordingly. I like making people laugh,
but am also good at consoling individuals during hard times.
Organized - I am very particular on how I get things done. I use my planner and follow my plans
to a tee. It helps me meet my goals in a timely fashion.
I am not a follower - I try and do my own thing as much as I can. This allows me to think in ways
others would not and potentially. I am able to think with a critical eye and see things that others
do not necessarily see.

Interviews:
Shawn Gulgule: Shawn is one of my boyfriends best friends. He believes I am very caring and always
will be there for them. My bad quality is that sometimes I may be too nice and people may take advantage
of me.
Julia Prakash: Julia is one of my best friends at UF. It turns out she grew up less than a mile from where
I live, but I only met her here at UF. Julia says that I am the type of person that thinks before they speak.
She also thinks I can work on standing up for myself and standing my ground in an argument.
Nilan Bhakta: Nilan is my boyfriend. He says that I am very strong and motivated, especially in the
academic setting. He knows me well and knows that I procrastinate often.
Uma Kumar: Uma is one of my friends from UF. She says I am always motivated and have a positive
attitude that can pick others up. She thinks at times I have too much on my plate and spread myself too
thin.
Rifa Ali: Rifa is one of my friends that I met through Julia Prakash. Rifa says that I am very welcoming
and easy to talk to. Her constructive feedback was that I do not hang out with her enough, likely because
I am so busy at times.
Reflect on the Differences:

I think my friends described me very well. Nothing that they said came out of left field. I accept the flaws
that they mentioned and will continue to work on them. I do think that the strengths that were mentioned
make me a great person to pursue my entrepreneurship idea.

Links to Interviews:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15ZDJwnBDxxYg7hBqwGndE1q-n9yK16vf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jdwApbAmgzFca7fa1suBlH0-DmRvnz9a
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15ZDJwnBDxxYg7hBqwGndE1q-n9yK16vf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wZ6ekyX2LrgoL8lS2NnJHxwhswTVfLmR
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nv--GZ2q34nopZqCxZea9I_NWRzu7l56

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    I really enjoyed listening to your interviews, and its great that those who described you seemed to have a positive image of you in mind. It seems in particular, that those you interviewed had a theme of personable and an overall friendly connotation to their suggested traits, which you hinted at with your list of characteristics. It also looks like most of the traits represent the makings of a great entrepreneur. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon,
    I really loved listening to your interviews and appreciate you sharing these with us. This activity helped us learn a lot about one another and I was happy we had the opportunity to do it. Those close to you think very highly of you. I look forward to reading your future blogs and I hope you enjoyed this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon,
    Your interviews provided tons of variety and had tons of content. I think having many different characteristics and being friendly it a great trait to have especially when trying to sell a product you are passionate about . Being a people person is a great trait, it means you can relate with anyone and make them feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete