Friday, March 27, 2020

20A – Growing Your Social Capital

1) Azim (Domain Expert) - This is one my family friends. He owns his own cellphone repair shop in my hometown. This is helpful for me because my business idea involves utilizing smartphones equipped with scanning and paying abilities. He is one of my family friends so it wasn't too hard to get in contact with him and ask him for his advice and since we are friends, he doesn't expect anything in return. I showed him my napkin idea and he told me I had a good and easily implementable idea since the app used to scan and pay already exists. Having him in my social network will allow me to obtain advice and a good direction for my business idea since he is technologically savvy.

2) Zach (Market Expert) - This is one of my friends that I have grown up with. We have gone to the same school our entire lives. He used to work at Publix when we were in high school, so his expertise is useful to me as my idea is to be implemented in grocery stores. He also doesn't really expect anything in return from me since we are pretty close friends. I shared my elevator pitch with him and he said that this idea could be really useful during peak times of the day and year, such as when prepping for hurricanes or when the new school year starts.

3) David (Supplier) - This is one of my neighbors back home. David was the best person that I could get a hold of that had some sort of relation to my idea. He was a computer science major in college and he is a developer of an app that allows you to scan a barcode to see what the price is of an item. He explained to me that my idea of scanning a barcode and paying for items using a smartphone and all under one interface might result in some technical issues, but overtime, these bugs can be fixed with updates.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    What I really liked most about your post, was just how personal all your connections seemed to be, but how they were also still relevant and had great advice to offer for your business concept; it seemed like everyone you contacted for this post was a very close friend. For instance, I think its great that you had a tech savvy friend you could rely on for the more technical aspects, since that can often by a big fumbling point for the entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shannon,
    This was a wonderful discussion post and I really enjoyed reading it. I love how you went into depth about your social capital and I could tell right away that you really took this assignment seriously. The more seriously you take this assignment, the better it will serve you in the future. Overall great post and I hope to read more of yours in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shannon:

    I like how you structured this assignment. Specifically, your profiles on each of your experts seemed to flow naturally - rather than numbering the different points we are required to cover. It seems you already have some great connections in seeing your opportunity through, which will serve you as very useful resources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shannon,

    This post was an absolute joy to read. Similarly, our experts seem to be the ones we have a good connection with. After seeing your posts in the past regarding your idea, your experts truly have a way of making that happen. They are viable resources to truly bring out your idea in full effect and making it one of the best techs available.

    ReplyDelete