Friday, April 10, 2020

25A – What’s Next?

Existing Market:
What's next with my product in the existing market is not only implementing it in busy grocery stores, but also implementing it in shopping malls and busy clothing or appliance stores during peak shopping times of the year. My product is something that would be very useful during Black Friday when almost every store is filled to the brim with customers. So my idea would not just be limited to only certain types of stores. Since we were not able to conduct the customer interviews, I used three of my friends and family friends who work or have worked in retail. They all agreed that my idea and the manner in which I am going about it is reasonable and doable. They all liked that it would not eliminate the cashier position, however they were afraid that it might reduce the amount of cashier positions. However, I assured them that with the smartphone scanners and payers there would be just the same amount of cashiers hired and required to operate the technology as there once were with the original checkout lanes.


New Market:
I think a completely different market that I could sell my product to is clothing and appliance stores like I mentioned above. Before, I was thinking that my product would only be useful for grocery stores. However, these other stores also see that their lines can become very long and wait times during checkout are also unnecessarily long. This happens especially right before holidays and school reopenings. That is why a product like mine could easily benefit such shops and their customers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Shannon:

    You are absolutely right - this opportunity doesn't have to stop with busy grocery stores. I agree, it would lend itself well to any type of business that can wind up with a long check-out line. You're also smart to mention this opportunity could lend itself well to busier holidays such as Black Friday, where you see a steep jump in longer lines most everywhere. Solid work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon,

    All stores could benefit from this invention and it definitely would not be a bad idea to start trying to venture into those other areas sooner rather than later. I really liked how you discussed the concern with the cashier position as I was too worried about the stake of this person altogether as business could easily use this invention in order to lay off tons of people, however, this invention could actually benefit them in the long run making their jobs run more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon,

    Your existing market opportunity of faster checkout in grocery stores is amazing. You broadened your horizons and saw that your opportunity can be used for just more than grocery stores. I did the same regarding my care package. Your opportunity would greatly be appreciated especially, on black Friday as there is so many people trying to buy up the sales.

    ReplyDelete