Friday, April 17, 2020

26A – Celebrating Failure

1) This semester, even though my grades did not show it, I felt like I was failing at my classes. There were a lot of times that I just forgot to complete assignments. There were a lot of bonus and forgiveness opportunities offered for these classes, which was a relief, but still, it just created a lot more headache in the end. I do procrastinate a lot, but this semester it has been really bad especially after being home and not in the typical class environments. I tried using an agenda, but I eventually stopped using it because it seemed more like a chore to fill out. Hopefully, I can just say it's because of senioritis.

2) The main thing that I learned from this is that you should never ever procrastinate. You will just end up regretting all your decisions leading up to it and it just creates even more headache, so it's not worth it. I learned that putting reminders in my phone might be the best way to go since they can be set to go off at a specific time and will go off multiple times until you actually delete it.

3) Failure sucks but I think it's necessary because we need to learn from our mistakes. We need to see what we did wrong and how to change it so that we never make that mistake again. So it's ok to fail at something as long as you know that you need to fix it and you figure out how to fix it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    I enjoyed reading your post, and I can relate so much to the struggles of procrastination and the occasional pitfalls of simple forgetfulness. I like your very straightforward attitude about the situation and your attempts to improve in the future. Additionally, your practical solution of setting phone reminders is a great step in achieving your goal of avoiding procrastinating. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon,
    I truly enjoyed reading your discussion. I believe failure is key to a persons success so they can see the value of it. I appreciated you opening up about your personal experience failing. The more you put into the assignment the more you get out of it. Overall, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon,

    Your post was truly a joy to read. I feel like we relate when you were speaking of failing your classes but, your grades did not show that at all. Procrastination has been a huge problem of mine and I am trying to change that as soon as possible, and this online format is not working at all. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete